Find the resources and guidance your business needs to provide a safe environment for employees and customers.
Wearing a face mask
- The type of face mask you should wear can depend on your role. Check CDC guidelines for further information.
- With the exception of field workers entering customer homes or premises, the KN95/N95 style facemask may be reused for two days per employee, provided the mask is clean and in good condition.
- The cloth FR/ARA mask may be laundered for reuse per the manufacturer guidelines.
- Face mask exceptions may be appropriate where the use of a face mask hinders a work activity, creates a greater hazard, violates other work procedures, or interferes with the proper use of task-specific PPE.
- One of the best ways to protect yourself from exposure to COVID-19 is by maintaining at least 6 feet of distance between you and others (social distancing).
- Avoid handshaking, gathering in close quarters, and do not drive with passengers.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Other methods include employee screening prior to the shift to verify symptomatic employees do not come into work.
Practice good personal hygiene
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth. Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Discourage handshakes and hugs when greeting or being introduced to people.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.