All Legacy Detroiter applications must include current proof of residency and a list of addresses for each year of residency formatted according to a template that can be found here. The following documents are sufficient for proving residency in Detroit over the last 30 years:
If the applicant is unable to demonstrate residency using the documents listed above, they may fill out a notarized copy of the affidavit linked below with supporting alternative documentation, and attach it to their application. The determination of the affidavit as a suitable substitute for other proofs of residency will be subject to the discretion of the Homegrown Detroit team.
If you are applying as a 10 year Detroit resident who was the dependent of an individual with a controlled substance (marijuana) conviction before 11/7/18 and before your 18th birthday you must have:
1. Digital copies of any number of documents from the list above proving 10 years of Detroit residency over the last 30 years. This must include proof of current Detroit residency.
2. A digital copy of your parent’s Judgment of Conviction or, if convicted as a minor, documentation of being adjudged to be a ward of the court. The conviction must have occurred on or before your 18th birthday.
3. Proof of dependency in the form of a birth certificate with the parent’s name on it or 3 years of tax returns filed prior to your 18th birthday where you were claimed as a dependent by the parent.
4. A completed list detailing each of the 10 years of residency. The template for the list can be found here.
5. Proof of Residency in the past year