Last week, Governor Whitmer announced an updated epidemic order that will allow indoor dinning at restaurants and bars beginning on February 1 with the following restrictions:
- 25% capacity with up to 100 people
- Tables must be six feet apart with no more than six people per table
- Must close by 10:00 p.m.
- Outdoor tents with four sides are permitted under these same rules
- Contact information must be collected from diners for contact tracing purposes
The updated order also includes the following:
- Continues to temporarily pause indoor contact sports and other venues and activities where participants have close physical contacts and are not consistently masked, like water parks.
- As of Jan. 22, stadiums can allow up to 500 people at venues that seat over 10,000 people and stadiums that seat less than 10,000 are allowed to be at 20% capacity, up to 250 people. This will allow for additional attendance at high school football finals being hosted this weekend.
- As before, employees who work in jobs that cannot be performed from home can continue to go to work, while employees who can work from home should continue to do so.
Click here to read the full updated epidemic order
Click here for more information from the Michigan.gov, including FAQs and Infographics