On November 15, the Governor issued a new Emergency Order that enacts a three-week pause targeting indoor social gatherings and other group activities in an effort to curb rapidly rising COVID-19 infection rates. The order goes into effect and begins on Wed, November 18.
Below is a summary of the changes in the order.
Open, but modified*
- Indoor residential gatherings are limited to two households at any one time
- Bars and restaurants will be open for outdoor dining, carry-out and delivery only (no indoor dining)
- Fall high school championships are postponed. Winter sports are to be pushed back.
- Small outdoor gatherings, but now a 25 person limit
- Funerals are still permitted, but now a 25 person limit
- Gyms will remain open for individual exercise, but no group fitness classes
- Retail shopping, public transit, and personal-care services are open with proper protocols
- Manufacturing, construction and work that can’t be done remotely
- Healthcare/doctor offices
- Schools with preschool through 8th grade students can remain open for districts who have opted for in-person teaching, decision is left to individual school districts
- Childcare facilities can continue to operate
- Courts will continue to hear cases, including evictions
- Casinos and movie theaters
- Colleges and high schools for in-person classes, virtual classes only
- Stadiums, arenas to visitors
- Organized sports, that are not professional or college
- Indoor entertainment venues: Arcades, bingo halls, bowling centers, ice skating rinks, indoor water parks
- Group fitness classes
- Offices that can conduct business remotely
This order is not a blanket stay-home action like in the spring. The order leaves open work that cannot be performed from home, including for manufacturing, construction and health occupations. Individualized activities with distancing and face masks are still allowed: retail shopping; public transit; restaurant takeout; personal-care services such as haircuts, by appointment.
Click here to download the Nov 15 Emergency Order
Click here to download the COVID-19 Pause to Save Lives Infographic
Click here to download the COVID-19 Safe Social “Pods” Information